Tuesday, October 21, 2008

it might just be time to go, (or) No Country for Young Black Men

Just looking around, things are really crazy out here, and it seems like now is as good a time as any to start thinking about somewhere else to set up shop. Things in this country have been devolving for at least the better part of this decade, and I don't know how bright it is to hang around waiting for the knock-out punch.
I'm looking for ideas of a place to go where things are a little more normal and sensible. I want to go back to Japan, it's so clean over there and people are so polite, it's quite a relief. I could learn to speak Japanese, but the broader problem is this: I'm still black, and as such it's gonna be damn near impossible for me to even appear to fit in most places in the world. Some may proclaim that I can always go back to Africa, but being that I've never been, and even if I were to go I have no home country in Africa, not to mention all of the other reasons that a person may choose not to move to Africa in general, that idea can be cast aside as well. So where does that leave us?

No comments: